Tuesday, June 5, 2007

IEP Concerns and Vision Statement

Because Julia will officially be on an IEP come September, I was sent home from the meeting today charged with the task of detailing the parent concerns and developing a vision statement for Julia. For someone who is good with this type of thing, I sure am having a tough time with it. I guess I just want to make sure I am fully explain what I feel are my concerns, as well as incorporate a vision statement that clearly and concisely defines the goals I would like set forth and my hopes for Julia's future.

In the meantime, I have been looking online at sample IEP'S. It has been very helpful;looking at how different people have worded their statements. I have also found it useful in helping me determine my own ideas and thoughts as to what I want for Julia.

No comments: