Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Why I Love Middleboro Schools

-Emily knows the superintendent, and he knows her. I already knew of course that he was awesome, if based just on the fact that he attends (as do the principals) every PTA meeting but, the fact that he knows my daughter? That means he is in the schools, meeting with the kids, visiting classrooms and watching performances. That, people, is a good superintendent. I know for a fact, not all of them are like that.

-The level of appreciation from staff and administration for volunteering is phenomenal. It almost makes doing the Entertainment book fund raiser worth it! Seriously, it so nice to be appreciated!

-Despite functioning on a budget that is $1 million less than last year's, the level of enthusiasm and that "Welcome Home" feeling are still alive and well. It proves that while money matters, enthusiasm can work wonders.

In other unrelated news, I got the "unofficial" official word that Katherine will be getting Title I reading help again this year. I am very happy that she will have the same person as she did last year, and so is the person who said this to me last night: "I love when I get the same kids as I had last year, especially the good kids."

Also unrelated, but noteworthy just the same, Emily has decided to join the chorus at school this year. She is very excited about this naturally, and I am sure she will love it!

No comments: