Sunday, March 11, 2007

Pursuing The Degree

In looking at my transcript from Merrimack, I have come up with the following classes which I have taken, passed and should count toward, well, something:

6 Sociology classes (Principles of Sociology, Social Inequalities, Sociology of Law, Sociology of the Family, Confrontation, Protest and Social Movement, and Sociology of Health).

3 English classes (Introduction to College Writing, Major American Authors, and Contemporary American Literature).

2 Religion classes (Introduction to Religious Studies and Islam).

2 Philosophy classes (Perspectives on Human Nature and Values In Technology).

2 Political Science classes (Comparative Government and American National Government)

1 History class (History of American Civilization 1877-1988).

1 Psychology class (General Psychology).

1 Marketing class (Introduction to Marketing).


My next step will be to call Merrimack and find out how many classes I would need to take to get an associates degree in, well, anything. I am assuming it would be in liberal arts, with sociology, and perhaps, English as my concentrations. I had called about this quite some time ago and I think I remember being told that I would need to take 7 more classes, one of which would need to be at Merrimack for my associates degree to actually come from Merrimack. Merrimack is in North Andover, which is about an hour and a half drive from home, but, for just one class and an actual degree from Merrimack, it could be worth it. I am also going to plan looking at taking the class (or perhaps classes) online. Otherwise, I could transfer my credits to a more local school and finish it there.

Either way, I feel like this is one step in the right direction. It would certainly give me a feeling of accomplishment, especially knowing that the time and effort I did put in way back was worth it.

No comments: